LIFE CYCLE OF HIV
Thrust Areas of JSACS
- Commitment to implement National AIDS Control Policy Phase-III in the state
- An integrated response by reaching out to diverse populations.
- Building partnerships
- To generate awareness across the state, where every person has accurate knowledge about HIV and contributes towards eradicating stigma and discrimination.
- Where every pregnant woman living with HIV has the choice to bring an HIV free baby into the World.
- Where every person has access to integrated counselling and testing centres (ICTCs)
- Where every person living with HIV is treated with dignity and has access to quality care
- Where every person will eventually live a healthy and safe life, supported by technological advances
- Where every person who is highly vulnerable to HIV is heard and reached out to
World AIDS Day 2012 in Jharkhand
HIV/AIDS , Situation in Jharkhand
Jharkhand was created on 15th Novemeber, 2000 out of Bihar. Jharkhand State AIDS Control Society came into existence in the year 2002. Since then the society is working under the guidance of National AIDS Control Organization. With the launching of NACP-III the Jharkhand SACS is trying hard to halt the epidemic of HIV in the state. Although, the state falls under low-prevalence state but it is being considered as highly vulnerable state.